Margaritas in short are summer time perfection– are they not? Add a little sand and ocean breeze and you have just experienced paradise, I am sure of it.
This summer, take this summer favorite one step further by rocking a margarita mani like it’s no body’s business
… because, hey! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere– right?
Over the past year, textured nails have quickly gained popularity and the margarita manicure is all about texture. Like a little salt on the rim of your margarita, ladies? You got it! This manicure includes 2 of my favorite summer color-combos – blue and lime green– perfect to show off poolside or the beach! But the best part about this super detailed look? … It is crazy, crazy easy– so fret not, my fellow non-steady hand friends.
How To Get The Look:
1. Polish all nails (except your accent nail) with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear, Green With Envy
2. Polish accent nail with2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear, Blue Me Away
3. Coat all “Green With Envy” nails with a clear base coat. I used Sally Hansen Diamond Shine.
4. Allow to dry completely.
5. Apply 2 coats of Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat, Fuzz-Sea to accent nail (in this case, I like to call it-“the party nail”.)
6. Complete look by adding a little salt to your margarita nails by pouring a small amount of Sally Hansen Sugar Coat, Sugar Fix onto a paper plate and lightly dabbing it on with a cosmetic sponge like the one below–
The key to this is to make sure it is a very light layer. Try not to go over the same area too many times. And remember, like I said above, you do not need to have a steady hand for this look– so don’t try to make it perfect. When was the last time you received a perfectly straight rim of salt on your margarita? 😉
*It is also worth mentioning that what I love about the Sugar Coat polish is that it adds real texture that stays (unlike some other nail art techniques… I’m looking at you, caviar)!!